Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and nothing came up. Has anyone done it or know anyone that has? Ive seen Yamaha R6/R1 calipers on a GSXR and it looked clean as hell. Just nice to see something different from the rest. Imagine these rims on your GSX-R.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you would like to know get each set side by side and measure. If your lucky the bearings may have the same id dimension then you'll have to makes spacers. I really dont think the spacers would be the same but you never know. Long story if you really wanted this to happen then and the bearings are not the same you'll have to change them out and possibly machine the rim/hub and make new spacer. I put 2001 gsxr rear rim on a 07 kawi 650 racer had to machine and make some new parts.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha @ outinfront... I was talking about the spoke design not the color of rim. I know you were joking though. just to have something different from the norm PLUS those are some nice stock wheels.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks 08gixxer13... that would be great. Royalflush already has a ZX-10 in his garage he should be doing test fits right now as we speak/type. haha bro. it would be good to know. those rims look sweet. I remember hearing awhile back about kawasucki & suzuki having a pretty close relationship.

·
The Honey Badger
11,974 Posts
I asked about this mod on a few other forums awhile ago and received no definitive yes or no, but even if the rims measure the same (which they don't..the 1000 rear rim is bigger then the 600 on both Kawi and Zuki) its really not as simple as just slapping them on.

Will the GSXR rotors bolt up or do you have to use Kawi rotors? How do the calipers sit in relation to the rotors? Are the axles the same size? (Unless its changed, Kawi used to run a smaller axle than the Suzuki).

You'd really have to buy everything and find out. Unless your getting ZX rims free, in the end it may be barely cheaper than buying a set if after markets that fit the way they should.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I said Royalflush already had a ZX-10 in his garage but I totally forgot that yes that rim off a 1000cc would be wider than a 600/750 rim. It would of course have to be a rim off a ZX-6. Your right Bry I just got caught up in the hoopla... haha.

·
Registered
50 Posts
those Kawi rims would look sick on a gixxer (just as long as theyre not green). Never been a fan of 3 spokes. soooo 80's IMO

·
Registered
31 Posts
hmmm never thought of even trying since i have a 636 and my wifes 750 i could always try to see i suppose...its just that i know the front works completely different spacer wise. my ninja is the same as most modern Mx bikes are. im not sure how the whole the axle being used on the one spacer would work out buttttt...one way to try i suppose.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My daughter's boyfriend has an 09 zx6r I'll take some measurements.
I dont ever want to say those words you just said "daughters boyfriend" my baby is only 7 now but Im already dreading the day!! :headshake

whoever already has one if you can check to see if they will ift that would be awesome I would love to get some on by springtime! white on white. :yumyum: your friend wont let u take them off and hes gonna auction his bike off? lol. damn that sucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
watching. been searching all over.
@08gixxer13, let us know what you find out when you do the swap this weekend. my buddy is planning on giving me his set off his 636. im sure it will need some spacers.
GSXR k7 wheel diameter=310, thickness = 5.5 offset = 0,
bore=100.2, bolt diam = 10.5, pcd bolts = 120.

just need the sizing of the Kawi rims...:thumbup:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DAMN Zuki85 is on top of it. cant wait to find out if they wil lwork and if so how much trouble it is... I wuold love to have a set of these rims on my baby.

·
Registered
645 Posts
i was going crazy looking into this as well but always turned up with nothing, im hawking this thread as well. cant wait for the answer.:thumbup:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thanks 08gixxer13... that would be great. Royalflush already has a ZX-10 in his garage he should be doing test fits right now as we speak/type. haha bro. it would be good to know. those rims look sweet. I remember hearing awhile back about kawasucki & suzuki having a pretty close relationship.
Yeah, Thats in DIRTBIKES! (Motocross)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts