Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a 2016 GSXR750 that was stolen a month ago. I'm trying to decide if I want to get another current generation 750 or if I should maybe hold out hope and see if it is updated for 2023.

Has Suzuki abandoned the GSXR 600/750 all together or is there any hope that they may update it? The GSXR 750 is my favorite bike and I've owned a 2015 ZX6R and a 2005 R6 and have ridden a lot of other Japanese sportbikes. If you guys also have suggestions for other sportbikes I would love to hear them!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Never rode a 750 but Iv heard from more then a couple people it is like the perfect bike , if it ain’t broke don’t fix it I suppose, I’m sure they’ve made adjustments throughout the years tho

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never rode a 750 but Iv heard from more then a couple people it is like the perfect bike , if it ain’t broke don’t fix it I suppose, I’m sure they’ve made adjustments throughout the years tho
From what I'm aware the GSXR600/750 has been the same bike since 2011 and I absolutely love it besides the looks of the bike. 😐

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Honestly, the 750 didn't get changed as much as the 600 in 2011, so it goes back to 2008 for the ride modes and 2006 for the engine.

As for bike updates, I won't be surprised if it takes a few more years. Suzuki is apparently pulling out of MotoGP at the end of this season, unless there has been an official announcement stating otherwise. While motorcycle sales overall aren't doing terribly, sport bikes are. Cruisers and naked bikes are more popular, and less expensive to develop and make, and have much longer production runs, whereas sport bikes need constant updates to keep up with the other manufacturers.

That's not even considering the global economic impacts which may be coming faster and harder than anybody realizes.

·
Administrator
11,219 Posts
I agree with the others, it is unlikely that the 600/750 will be updated in the near future.

All moto manufactures were hurt by the 2008 recession (moto sales down almost 2/3rds in the US) and Suzuki was one of the hardest hit as they did not have the industry diversification that Honda, Kawasaki and others had (cars, lawnmowers, ships, etc).

A fancy TFT display would freshen it up.

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
If I were you I would seek out a really nice, used,
low Mile, moth balled 2011 plus 750 and keep it forever. That’s my plan with my 07. The 750 really is an amazing machine that does EVERYTHING well, so you can’t go wrong with another one.
There is a really nice 06 available near me with 4000 miles so they are out there.

2006 Suzuki GSXR 750
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh but, IT IS the perfect weapon for street and occasional track use. The 750 is and will be my favorite I4 bike. (No need to talk about V2 or V4's here)
My weight has swayed tremendously (100lb swing) and the 750 was compliant after resetting the suspension. The motor of course was the same however, the weight difference alone proved that acceleration out of corners had also changed. So, No more wringing its neck and pin it. Roll it on and go. Which, had me riding smoother AND faster. Similar to the 1000.
All this said, read above my post. Leaving MGP, economy shite, no changes expected. (Or really needed IMHO) If anything, I would hope for a lighter bike. But, with my "adjustments" I like it just fine.

Best wishes, 'Yote out.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
If I were you I would seek out a really nice, used,
low Mile, moth balled 2011 plus 750 and keep it forever. That’s my plan with my 07. The 750 really is an amazing machine that does EVERYTHING well, so you can’t go wrong with another one.
There is a really nice 06 available near me with 4000 miles so they are out there.

2006 Suzuki GSXR 750
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle...
Did that bike even cost 6K in 2006? LOL
Nice bike FS

Reactions: Newyork

·
Mod of the North
29,616 Posts
I heard a rumor that part of the reason they are trying to pull out of GP is so they can use that capital to bring the variable valve timing engine to the 600-750.
That would be nice. If I had a choice I would rather have a crossplane crank.

Reactions: Spyder13
1 - 10 of 10 Posts