Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i understand im retarded and have come to grips with this. I was going to change my windhsield, I already have the new one. I just need to know if anybody has any tips or tricks to getting those plastic grommets back through the holes in the bikes fairings without destroying it. (the grommet not the fairing) PLEASE HELP! thanks alot guys.

- Jared -

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Jared said:
ok, i understand im retarded and have come to grips with this. I was going to change my windhsield, I already have the new one. I just need to know if anybody has any tips or tricks to getting those plastic grommets back through the holes in the bikes fairings without destroying it. (the grommet not the fairing) PLEASE HELP! thanks alot guys.

- Jared -
a little spit usually works really good or some grease. If your talking about getting them off, just pull them through the back side. :thumbup:

and i fully agree on the retarded part! :laughingr :thefinger

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
i replace them. They are a BITCH once they have been squished for awhile. They never seem to stay on right when re used.

·
Registered
9 Posts
rubbers

It will take a little effort to get them in. I had to do some temp. repairs on my windscreen. It took my friends and I few laughs at each other be for we got them in. Keep trying you'll get them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
practice, removing and putting it back on the old one until you find an easier way of doing it. Practice makes perfect. Just like the first time you done it. You had to get it in and out a few times right?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
regisfr said:
practice, removing and putting it back on the old one until you find an easier way of doing it. Practice makes perfect. Just like the first time you done it. You had to get it in and out a few times right?
:funny:

·
Registered
311 Posts
regisfr said:
Thank god this isn't a family orientated forum! :lol: J/J i agree with the spit and the practice. you'll find an easy way before you know it. i put them in the shield first and then when it's in place go one at a time from the edge and keep pressure on the backside with your finger and use the other hand to pick and pluck( yes pluck ) -the edges of the grommet thru the fairing, just work your way in a circle around the grommet and then move on to the next. hope any of this helps. good-luck. P.S.- if all else fails there's a guy on ebay that sells colored winshield nut/bolt kits for around$5-$6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts