Operation ... squid
9,341 Posts
very nice!!!

funny ... i knew ud be in here, swamp :lol:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Must have redesigned it. The kit now comes with a choice of putting 4 at the manifold, (one for each leg) or one bigger one at the solenoid. I chose the former arrangement. If you choose the latter, they give you four bigger hole sealing jets for the legs.

I like that I had to DIY all the parts, even down to putting the siphon tube on and installing the valve, that just makes me happy, being an auto shop teacher.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Must have redesigned it. The kit now comes with a choice of putting 4 at the manifold, (one for each leg) or one bigger one at the solenoid. I chose the former arrangement. If you choose the latter, they give you four bigger hole sealing jets for the legs.

I like that I had to DIY all the parts, even down to putting the siphon tube on and installing the valve, that just makes me happy, being an auto shop teacher.
I have 4 sealer jets in now with a .042 out of the solenoid.
Why use the siphon tube in the bottle?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See bottle install location here. Siphon is aimed at the back lower corner of the bottle, so I get the most out of it under acceleration.

http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/5lho/library/N2O?sort=3&page=1

I really want the precision of individual jetting. Plus I felt that by using one jet at at the solenoid, it would soften the hit a bit; more ramping it up than a big boot in the ass. We'll see if my Hookup can take the full blast. I'm going to start the hit in third anyway, leastways right off.

Happy to hear opinions though, from someone who's used this kit, thank you.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
With one jet the nitrous will not distrbute evenly when using a manifold
The nitrous god has spoken.

I started off in 3 the first time I ever used nitrous and couldn't feel the difference. I don't know if it was just much less than my expectations or what.
I would at least start in 2nd. If it's your first time. Then work your way to first.
Nitrous is best used off the line- anyone that races with it will tell ya.
If your to concerned about it get you a progressive box to help control it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I have pretty steep gearing for a first gear hit (15-45), given the track conditions I usually encounter but, we'll get to second for sure as soon as I am confident in the way it's going to act for me. I may have to actually spend something on suspension at some point, to allow for this. Right now it's stock shock/spring, with just extension blocks, unlowered.

I got so much extra electronic crap hanging off this thing, I may hold off on a progressive controller until I get greedy and want a larger shot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I have pretty steep gearing for a first gear hit (15-45), given the track conditions I usually encounter but, we'll get to second for sure as soon as I am confident in the way it's going to act for me. I may have to actually spend something on suspension at some point, to allow for this. Right now it's stock shock/spring, with just extension blocks, unlowered.

I got so much extra electronic crap hanging off this thing, I may hold off on a progressive controller until I get greedy and want a larger shot.
How's the nitrous setup working out for ya?

Thanks,
Garrett

·
Registered
8 Posts
The nitrous god has spoken.

I started off in 3 the first time I ever used nitrous and couldn't feel the difference. I don't know if it was just much less than my expectations or what.
I would at least start in 2nd. If it's your first time. Then work your way to first.
Nitrous is best used off the line- anyone that races with it will tell ya.
If your to concerned about it get you a progressive box to help control it.
I have a 40 shot & I generally don't even think about it until 2nd or 3rd b/c I don't have the nice electronics to control it. There's too much going on with everything else launching off the line for myself to use it in 1st but that's just me personally. I agree with you to start off with something you can control then move down from there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts