Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just bought my 07 gsxr 600 two days ago and today on the way home from work apparently i kicked up a rock and it got wedged in between the swing arm and trans case and busted a hole in the case and now the bike is pissing oil. just wondering if any one has had something like this happen before and did your insurance cover it.:damn:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
1. That sucks bad man, sorry to hear it!

2. I never had it happen.

3. not sure why they wouldnt cover it IF you had full coverage.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got off the phone with insurance and it is covers by comp. So the only problem is that I have to wait until mon. To take it by a shop. Hopefuly they don't total it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just got off the phone with insurance and it is covers by comp. So the only problem is that I have to wait until mon. To take it by a shop. Hopefuly they don't total it.
well if they total it out look at it like this get paid for it and buy it back for way cheaper take the extra money and fix it yourself

·
Registered
90 Posts
ok i just bought my 07 gsxr 600 two days ago and today on the way home from work apparently i kicked up a rock and it got wedged in between the swing arm and trans case and busted a hole in the case and now the bike is pissing oil. just wondering if any one has had something like this happen before and did your insurance cover it.:damn:
Take it back to the dealer see if they will fix it free. Warranty

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got the quote back today and its pretty high. it needs a new crankcase and its going to run about $4800 so now all im waiting on is for the adjuster to come out and decide if it is totaled or not.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Not to mention:
come in at 8am
socialize till 830 with the "guys".
845 go get a cup of coffee till 900
900-930 go to bathroom
I'm still trying to figure out how the people at a local bike shop spent most the day on a bike forum.

If he buys a used motor online he could pay himself 100-800 dollars and it would cost $2000.00 and lots of aggravation.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I got one he'll of a deal on it it's an 07 with about 3500 miles on it and and nothin was wrong with it also has a corona paint job on it and I paid $5000 so even if they total it I'll make money off of it! The only thing that's going to suck if having to find another deal

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh and the 4800 if for a complete rebuild with a new crank case. The crankcase alone was 2500

·
Registered
552 Posts
Take it back to the dealer see if they will fix it free. Warranty
Uhhh, last time I checked a vehicle warranty does not cover a rock thru the crank case...

I would just JB weld the hole and call it good. Or find someone to weld it. Then take the $4800, put it in the bank to earn interest for a few years, then go find another bike.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.