Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
us honda guys always new the squids rode these things! well.... Fuck them chicken wings! LOL, i gotta say i love honda's, but i love my 2002 gixxer 750.
I'll post some pics up later.

So i have been riding for 6 years, so spare me your appreciated but not needed lectures on Noob riders. (i'm a lil blunt)

I would like suggestions as to mods!
I need a:
rear fender eliminator kit
A/M exhaust (i like the yoshi's) will i need a PCIII?
Frame Sliders!!!
not so concerned about turn signal's but i might be convinced...
uh.... what am i missing. steering damper?

I am not going to go all out, like changing the rearsets, or other useless mods.

any opinions on the parts i need/want, and recommendations, warnings on what to look for will be great! i hope to be here for a while!

And any honda jokes are cool with me, just remember i switched sides!! :thefinger

ps: what's the difference between this site and the gixxer.com site? any other cool sites??

·
Registered
58 Posts
dviii said:
us honda guys always new the squids rode these things! well.... Fuck them chicken wings! LOL, i gotta say i love honda's, but i love my 2002 gixxer 750.
I'll post some pics up later.

So i have been riding for 6 years, so spare me your appreciated but not needed lectures on Noob riders. (i'm a lil blunt)

I would like suggestions as to mods!
I need a:
rear fender eliminator kit
A/M exhaust (i like the yoshi's) will i need a PCIII?
Frame Sliders!!!
not so concerned about turn signal's but i might be convinced...
uh.... what am i missing. steering damper?

I am not going to go all out, like changing the rearsets, or other useless mods.

any opinions on the parts i need/want, and recommendations, warnings on what to look for will be great! i hope to be here for a while!

And any honda jokes are cool with me, just remember i switched sides!! :thefinger

ps: what's the difference between this site and the gixxer.com site? any other cool sites??
Yeah I was a "RED" ridah for a few months but I came to my senses. Welcome to the site and enjoy :fu:

·
Registered
543 Posts
dviii said:
well it seems the dif. between the 2 sites is ours is based on everything and all you'll really see on the gixxer site is NOS, turbo, and sprocket changes, thats the differences i've seen in my opinion. As for you mods Yosh is a very nice choice, now u just have to decide slip, or full system. The PCIII is a must if your doing a full system gotta get that bad boy mapped. i had a PCIII when i was still on my stock system, but it even does help with slip on's go ahead and even out any flatspots. Undertails, hotbodies makes a nice undertail and i'll also post a few sites for you for other body work. a T.R.E. is nice to have, it allows suzuki pistons to hit top dead center for max H.P threw gears 1,2 and 3. it was something zuk did for emissions we believe, i would recommend a switchable one for cold starts depending on where u live. i won't go any further down the list i'll just post one more time w/ some sites you can visit for for various items. hope that helps ya out, and welcome aboard. :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
here are some nice sites.
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com ----sliders, blinkers, a lot of stuff
www.kneedraggers.com ---just about everything
www.hyperformanceparts.com ---nice undertails
www.tricktape.com ---all sorts of stuff
http://www.81x.com/WTObjectFrame.aspx?ProjectID=51753&Page=003&RND=1095926643 ---very helpfull site
www.ebay.com ---just had 2 throw that on there.
www.dynojet.com ---PCIII and maps
www.motorcyclesprockets.com
www.watsendesign.com ---pretty cool blinkers, a bit $$$ but worth it.

as i think of more i'll post them, hope they help you out. Later, KRUM

·
Registered
28 Posts
i added what i did for fender elim.
the best i heard for the 02 750 is yosh full or akrapovic full.
slip ons mstly for sound but with slip ons no need for remapping, but full may require Power commander

frame sliders u can find some o ebay always.

i'm understanding u are missing a steering dampener? if so u can buy the stock one cheap on ebay , and if u meant wich aftermarket one for u to get that answer is in u'r pockets depends how much u dont mind spending.
cool links

ronayers parts list
http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/frames.cfm?catalogfile=300_0314&groupid=5530

gixxer projects
http://81x.com/WTviewProject.aspx?ProjectID=67734

good luck man and welcome to the site

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SA-WEEET!! thanks for the reply's guys! and the welcomes!

rkrummel01, thanks for the links! what is a TRE though?

there are a lot of sliders on ebay, are they generic though some are $12 bucks! some cost 80! then there's the "extended" ones, do those work better? or would they break off easier?

i'll probably do a yosh slip on, does anyone know where i can find a sound clip of a TRS or RS3 on a 750?

i used to have a two brothers on my CBR600 F3. how does the sound compare?

·
Registered
543 Posts
i would say get the OEM sliders ($65.00)fom suzuki they come in black or white, or a slider of that type. A dremmel tool will take out about a 1/2 inch rounded part of left fairing where theres allready a hole. I say this b/c the no cut or extended sliders break clean off if the bike falls on it's left side, i've seen it happen to many bikes. TRE is a device that allows suzukis pistons to hit top dead center for full combustion, b/c as of now there missing by about a 1/2 in. this was either done for emissions purposes or so squids wouldn't loop there bikes, i'm not sure. But basically it is a 15K resistor on a 6 prong switch that hooks to your GPS gear position sensor to trick the bike into think it's in 5th where the pistons do hit top dead center. And on the 1K's a 6800 ohm resistor is used to do the same thing and also take off the 186mph. speed limiter, look in tech and performance i believe theres a thread that wen't on for a few pages bracking it down, and check that link i gave you for bugman, theres a very thorough description of how it works, how to make one, or where to get one. As for the sound clips i'm not sure where to find those. but the yosh is not gonna sound as scatchy and high pitched as the 2bros did on the cbr. sorry i typed so much, and hope that helps ya out, later bro......KRUM :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Welcome to the site man! :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.