Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow still a little shaken up. Very sharp blind corner, truck with a trailor crossed into my lane and i had no place to go but on the gravel shoulder. I hit the brakes but the bike flipped and landed on top of me. Thanks to the lord, nothing was broken. I was only going 25-30 if that. If i had been going a tiny bit faster i would have fallen off the bank. Hit my head really hard and i still felt slightly dizzy. Jammed my wrist but its not too bad. I scraped the hell out of my knee and it really hurts. I don't think the truck driver saw as he was already around the corner and probably figured id made it by. Worst of all i had 40 minute drive home.

I ended up going to the doctor and he said I had a mild concussion. Felt really stange for 4 or so hours but am feeling much better now. He X-rayed my knee and it isnt broken but very badly bruised.

This is where i really could use some help. Where do I go from here? It was in perfect condition before this and id like to get it back that way. I dont have full coverage, but the deductible would be 500 or so anyway so it doesnt matter. The bike needs a new left fairing and a front fairing. The shift peg is bent too and I can't get it to bend back . Its a blue and white 03 gixxer. Other than that it runs fine and looks fine. Where can i get some fairings cheap. Cheapest ive found in my color scheme for a lower left fairing is 480. Ill attach the pic so you can see the color. Haven't taken any of the damage yet. The only problem i foresee is that one of the plastic "guiders" for the allen bolt at the top of the fairings broke off. Its right near where the front fairing and lower fairing meet and it hold the lower fairing closer to the frame of the body. I can still put the bolt through it, it just wont hold the fairing near the body since it broke off. I'll try to post pics because I'm sure I'm not explaining it very well. Thanks guys, I could really use some advice. Not totally sure if im going to continue riding but I'd like to. I'm just unsure at this point. Thanks, William

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
WE are glad you are OK..........like you said it could have been worse. You can check EBAY for those parts, you might get lucky and get them in perfect condition for cheap. Time heals all wounds..........you will get that urge to ride again........... :thumbup: Hang in there............

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
$480 for a fairing is the cheapest you've seen??? GOD DAMN!!! my OEM lower fairings from the DEALER are only $320/pc....and thats for an '04

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.