Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 suzuki gsxr 750 and i thought about making one. but that requires me not to be so lazy and im not feeln it. if any of u have one ur lookn to get rid of ill buy it, or know where i can buy online that would help a bunch!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i dont think it was clear enough. i want to charge my gps when i ride. the thing always dies on me. so i want to hook it up to the bat.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Easiest way would be to buy a cheap cigarette lighter socket at walmart and use plastic wire taps (probably the blue size) and tap into an accessory wire off the ignition (make sure it only reads 12 volts when the key is on). Then plug the GPS into it but you'd have to hide it somewhere.

Harder way would be to pinout the USB cable and splice it directly into the bikes' accessory wire. I'm doing the same pretty soon with my GPS in my car, as I want to hard wire it in, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Be sure you know what the input voltage required by the GPS is before hard wiring it to the bike. What brand GPS do you have? Some manufactures sell a cable to tie directly into a 12v system and the license plate light circuit works well for things like this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.