Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a 2006 GSXR 1000 with low miles under 10k - bike must be Blue & White

Let me know - Thanks!

·
SuperMod of the North
26,679 Posts
I would guess it is because it was a fantastic model in the best color. Where are you located 3?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
When I had one, crashed it, I needed (and got) another one! Blue/white- K5 actually, other than a few decals, same bike.
Mine had 12K miles though.

You do know you are looking for a poka dotted unicorn, right?

I repaired and sold the one I crashed, and have the one the insurance money bought me.
I put 10K miles in less than 2 seasons though.

A unicorn I tell ya.

And yes, there may be one out there, you might want to be slightly more flexible with the miles on it, while still getting one with low miles.

I sold the other K5 w/ 14K on it, looked and ran like new, for $4400 usd.

Here is the one I sold, it has the K6 decals on the fairings.

Here's the current one

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my K5 that I sold this year with 2800 original miles on it and I also sold my K6 with 4,700 original miles both bikes were in mint condition

The reason I'm being so specific is because that's what I'm looking for - I really like the paint scheme on the Blue & White K6 and I miss that bike the most so I decided to get another one.

I agree it's not going to be an easy find however there out there I've found them before and if it's meant to be it will happen - buying and selling bikes can become sort of a sickness

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Just curious why you had so low of miles?
Either- you kept them a year or less, or
you never really ride it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Todd , The K5 I never rode - bought it and flipped it - made a couple bucks off of it

All of the K6's I've owned I ride them occasionally and then decide to move on to something else.

Like I said it's kind of a sickness I also buy, sell. and occasionally ride 70's vintage Japanese bikes.

I'll post a picture of my next low mileage K6 when and if I find one - Thanks & Take Care

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Thanks

You are aware that the K5/6 GSXR1000 IS the same bike. They only changed a few decals.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I'm totally aware of the difference and prefer the K6 decals - I'm located in Indiana however distance is not a factor I buy bikes from all over the US

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Wait, Are you that guy/flipper that sold me my current K5 a few years ago in Western WI? I was hurt (from crashing my 1st K5) and a friend with me test rode it for me. I put it on a truck and drove it back to the Milwaukee area?

Actually, I think he spent a lot of time in Iowa, not Indiana however.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
What part of Indiana are you in? I am 50 miles south west of South Bend.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No Todd I'm not that guy - I've only had and sold the one K5

Spyder - I live 20 minutes North of Indianapolis in Hamilton County

1 - 12 of 12 Posts