Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I'm no mechanic nor can I afford one. Long story short do I -REALLY- need this? I gotta move it before it gets towed. Oh yeah cant afford a tow truck either.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
You mean the ignition switch? The thingy you put the key into?

What’s the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Can you take a photo from a bit further away so I can see properly please

·
SuperMod of the North
27,675 Posts
That would be what is referred to as the top triple clamp. Yes you need it. What is the story here? Typically new members inquiring how to get around not having keys kinda raises a red flag.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
It doesn't look like the steering lock is on, why do you need to remove it?
Loose the key?
Seems like a lot going on here?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've already got the key issue taken care of. Now I've got an issue with wiring... I reconnected the wires back to each other. But I barely noticed 2 identical red wires.. first attempt blew the 30 amp. Now I'm still stranded until my buddy decides to show. This all stemmed from me loaning my bike to someone interested in buying it off me. Said person obviously has no business on a bike because my freshly painted fairings have scratches on them. And they broke the key off in the ignition because they put it in backwards! You piece that all together and you'll see why I had to do it this way. And remember I'm broke and no mechanic myself. But I can follow pictures!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've already got the key issue taken care of. Now I've got an issue with wiring... I reconnected the wires back to each other. But I barely noticed 2 identical red wires.. first attempt blew the 30 amp. Now I'm still stranded until my buddy decides to show. This all stemmed from me loaning my bike to someone interested in buying it off me. Said person obviously has no business on a bike because my freshly painted fairings have scratches on them. And they broke the key off in the ignition because they put it in backwards! You piece that all together and you'll see why I had to do it this way. And remember I'm broke and no mechanic myself. But I can follow pictures! View attachment 295536
Oh yeah it's an 02 600

·
Premium Member
1995 GSX-R 750
1,449 Posts
Have to admit, this story sounds awfully shady. You can't put the key in backwards.
I doubt anyone here is going to tell you how to hotwire a bike...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You absolutely can put the key in backwards. No I'm not the ORIGINAL owner. It's bviously changed hands a time or two. The bike is 19 years old, tell you what. When I get home I'll upload pictures of my ID, Title and registration. But for now you'll have to settle with the same shit the cops get if you're so fucking concerned if it's mine or not. I barely saved it from getting towed. Now I got ol andy griffith here..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And I'm not asking anyone to tell me how to hot wire a bike, if you read the discussion albeit it's all over the place a little you'd see i was asking wtf is the purpose of two identical red wires side by side? Think i got that fixed though. Now for my next trick I'm going to bridge this blown 30amp so i can get the fuck home.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
OK, calm down. I'm starting to understand what you're going thru.

I/we are trying to help. Sounds like a bad situation you're in. I'm sorry to hear/read that.
I don't know about the wires, sorry.

If you get it running - Good!

* Be careful riding while you have passion about someone messing up your bike this way- please.

I hope you get home, safe, and can one day laugh about it a little.
Keep posting here and come back, hopefully with good news you got home safe and sound brother.

Reactions: what.is.occuring

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
You absolutely can put the key in backwards. No I'm not the ORIGINAL owner. It's bviously changed hands a time or two. The bike is 19 years old, tell you what. When I get home I'll upload pictures of my ID, Title and registration. But for now you'll have to settle with the same shit the cops get if you're so fucking concerned if it's mine or not. I barely saved it from getting towed. Now I got ol andy griffith here..
OK, this guy can obviously write well and use punctuation! And with a sarcastic come back like that (I liked it), I do hope you continue to post here and be part of our community!!

* ol Andy Griffith here, LOL Do millennials know who Andy Griffith is? This had my grinning ear to ear!

I hope you get it sorted. Let us know, I'll check the board again when I get home from work in about an hour- I hope it's good news! Stay safe brother!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got it sorted enough to get it home and tear down enough to find this gaping oil leak that was covered by shoddy welding and jb weld slather. My mechanic hook up broke out the good old harbor freight argon tig welder and made that hole disappear but were still getting a steady drip of oil. Tomorrow is power wash day to see where it's actually coming from 20210408_201639.jpg

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Glad you made it home.
Are we looking at the left side? Perhaps it once threw a chain and broke the casing?

Keep up posted.
I/we like to see pictures. Of parts, and of the whole bike! Maybe an intro thread about you, your riding experience, etc.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Oh yeah, OP, and btw- you mentioned you were nor much of a mechanic. With a good post of symptoms and pictures, our online professors can usually get you thru just about any task. Some really smart, good helpful people here.

·
Registered
582 Posts
That looks like the left front corner of the engine. Is that how you found it or how it looks after grinding on the JB Weld? The previous owner might have struck something there. But he might have also done something that wrecked the generator cover. Some aftermarket covers are so strong that the crankcase can be damaged from crash forces on them. A repair will probably require removing the lower crankcase as it looks like the damage spans the lower to middle joint. Some significant skill will be required. Were the ignition switch wire colors in your pic red (2), orange (2), brown, and grey? I'm somewhat surprised that you got it to run.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts