Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey People, I just baught and received a Yana Shiki exhaust and I can't seem to get the bolt holes from flange to exhaust to line up correctly. I may have even stripped the tip of one hole trying to force it just a tad.

Did anyone run into this problem during their install?? Am I doing something wrong or missing something?? I did try to install it right after a ride and a short 20 min cool down, should I have let the pipes cool down completely prior to the replacement?? Thanx for the help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I did finally get the can to fit and installed it. I tightened the bolts as tight as I think they will go without stripping the threads and screwing myself. Started the bike to find major water and air leak at the gasket area, :wtf:

Damn I think I will just return this piece of shiat and get another one. Unless someone gots some ideas, well... any idea will help. Thanx everyone.

·
Registered
159 Posts
BLUEGSXR600K5 said:
I didn't have any problems with mine. I would send it back and get another one. I ordered mine from NYC parts for like 156 total (THATS WITH SHIPPING)
I love the sound and I just wish I had headers too.
hey blue
do you have the contact info for nyc parts? thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got mine from another store from e-bay called psychochrome for $154 shipped, I didn't see a polished can from nyc parts and didn't know they had a web site that offer polished cans.

I do love the way mine looks, it's polished with a blue label instead of the usual red and the sound is very nice.

I removed and reinstalled the can just to see if I had missaligned anything, and it did improve the seal a bit. I think I need a L shaped allen wrentch to fully tighten the lower inside bolt. And if that don't work and I can't locate the freakin loosers that sold this to me, I'll just have to find a thin gasket seal to seal it off completely. Again, if anyone gots any ideas I greatly appreciate them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I did use the old gasket (the ring and plate), I tightened the bolts as much as I can without stripping them. That did minimize the leak a bit but it's still there.

I tried several times to call them and finally got someone on the phone, but was cut off from bad reception. I think a hurricane just went thru Florida over the weekend. I'm a gonna keep trying or just use the e-mail system. They seem to be pretty cool about replacing a new can for me, hopefully I can get a new one really soon.

ssblugsr, thanx for the site that really helped out lots.

When I get everything done right, I will post pictures of the can for anyone who's interested.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Whats the sound like?

Hey, I was wondering what the can sounds like. I had a friend who said he knew of Yana Shiki exhausts, that they sounded ok, but were more high pitched (maybe F1 car like?) His 929 was the first real bike I ever rode, talk about trial by fire, and he had a 2 brothers exhaust and it was really deep and sounded great. I'd like to get a lower sounding exhaust, but if I dont have to spend 300+ for a 2brothers or something then I'd gladly do that.

Thanks for the info, and I hope things work out with your install, and I'd love to see pics I have a '04 600 also.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aside from all the install and fitting drama, the exhaust looks and sounds great. I originally wanted a Yoshi full system (but every other gsxr has one on), but now I'm very content with the Yana Shiki.

I have a 03' gsxr-750, but it suppose to fit the same as 04' 600's

I finally got a confirmation from them and they just asked me to send mine back and they will replace it for me. :thumbup: Hopefully I can get it back by the end of next week.

·
Registered
274 Posts
buy a sheet of gasket material at pepboys and make your self a gasket. Hold the gasket material against the flange and tap the gasket with a hammer so the flange and pipe itself will cut the gasket material. I did this on my yoshimura and it works well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
according to psychochrome's sale page, the same exhaust will fit onto those bikes. I have already send the exhaust back to them and hopefully will get it back by the end of next week.

I also called a local suzuki store and asked about the problem. The mechanic basically told me that once the oem exhaust can is removed the gasket will no longer guarantee to maintain seal. He said I might need to replace the gasket. I guess I will find out when I get the new exhaust from them.

thanx for the info blue600, I was searching all over for that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
yea i think your supposed to get a new gasket when you change your pipe, (but i never did ) couldnt hurt to get a new gasket for the next pipe that comes in :thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Alright guys here is the update from my expedition with PsychoChrome.

- After I send the part back to them for repair / replacement at my own cost(10/27/05). I had to call them a week after UPS already showed delivery to confirm they did infact receive the product. Owner (Gonzalo) told me he would check it out the next day.

- A week later the owner called me and told me it fitted fine on his bike (couldn't tell me what year his bike was). He asked if I wanted the original part after he fix the cosmetic damage or a new replacement. Of course, I opted for the new one. He told me it would take a week or so for the new part to arrive.

- After two weeks I called for update. He assured me it would be sent out and arrive to me a week before Turkey-Day. I waited two weeks and got nothing.

- I attempted to contact them thru phone & e-mail with no prevail for one week. I then warned them of contacting PayPal and my credit company if no reply is made after 48 hours.

- After 3 days I contacted PayPal and credit card company & filed claims to get my money back. The next day he calls.

During the phone conversation he told me, "I cannot be held accountable for the cosmetic damages. Someone else puts the exhaust together then sends it to me. I then sell it to my customers." I then asked why he did not update me on the situation, he replies, "I run 2 businesses and I don't have time to keep updates on a product that costs $150, when I have other projects and products that costs $2,000 - $3,000." He also told me, "You must acknowledge the product you purchased is only $150 and shouldn't expect to get something perfect, when compared to other exhausts such as Yoshi's and other high brands."

He said I should be patient and understanding of his busy schedule. My thoughts... WOW!!! It's freakin amazing this guy still has business. They take forever to send the product out to customers after auction and makes all kinds of excuses (hurricane, moving, or shippment delays). Initially he was very compationate when I told him of my problem; I even send them an e-mail praising them of their excellent business ethics. MAN was I dead wrong.

He refuse to send me anything unless I provide him with a written document from my credit card company of dropped claim. I told him my credit card company does not provide such written document, he decided to completely ignore me. That's fine with me, I'll just let my credit card company handle the problem and get my money back.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
i'm glad i swapped my exhaust the 1st week i had my bike....the gasket worked fine..good luck resolving the prob.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.