Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys sorry I havent been around but my pride has been shot to hell.. Got done detailing my wifes car just put the finishing touches on her explorer when a friend stopped by to show me how to polish my frame. So I hopped on my bike threw the helmet on and left. Forgot to put the gloves on my (Armor all hands) Made it about 200 feet from my house when my buddy hit his brakes. Iwas doing only about 15 MPH. I hit the front brakes. Then my armor all hands slipped off the brakes hit the throttle front tire jumpped up hit the side of his beautiful chevett. The bike slammed down on my right leg the peg stabbing all the way through my leg. I got some road rash and some 2nd degree burns. All I cared about was my bike. The peg left me with 5 inch hole in my leg all the way past the femur. What a day. Remember Armor all and bikes dont mix. The worst part of it my Frame slider on the right side of the bike bent away and didnt do its job. Plastics didnt crack but they got scratched up pretty good.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bro. Just sucks only had the bike 4 weeks now and I have only put on about 200 miles on it. Mostly going back and forth to base. Bikes not to bad though. All cosmetics. Ride safe man :thumbup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anybody know if I can hold the frame slider company at fault for shitty sliders. My slider on the right side bent into the bike so all my plastics where exposed. Just curious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re

Man I was the same way. When I got in my accident, my ankle was broken, but all I could do was hobble around worrying about the damage to the bike. Kinda funny. I hit my neighbors mailbox, and they had to literally pull me away from the bike to get me to the hospital. What kind of damage done to the car? Is he/she a real friend by letting you heal up or have they alredy started hasseling you about body work. My neighbors wife wanted a new mail box the same day, and my cast wasen't even hard yet.hahahahahah Don't know about the frame sliders???Good question.

·
Registered
52 Posts
sorry bout your ride

SteelMule said:
. My neighbors wife wanted a new mail box the same day, and my cast wasen't even hard yet.hahahahahah

:funny: My friend was pretty cool about getting her car fixed. I nearly tore off half her front bumper. She gave me a couple of weeks for me to lick my wounds before bringing me some quotes to have her ride fixed. Whatever you do, get his ride fixed before doing ANYTHING to your bike. I had a buddy that tried to get everything fixed on his bike first, and the other dude had it stolen. :laughingr

That sucks what happened to your ride man. Frame sliders are ment to protect your plastics from extensive damage, so if all you have is minor scratches, I think they did their job. Just imagine what your bike would have looked like if you didn't have them on. Who knows though, you might get lucky enough to prove a manufactur defect in them.

If the frameslider dosen't fit, you must aquit.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Frame sliders are called "Frame Sliders" for a reason, they are not called plastic sliders. They are made to protect your frame, not your plastic.

There are no gurantees on the sliders, so no they won't pay for anything.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys. I was the same way man I got up with this huge hole in my leg with a bunch of meat hanging out and all I could see was my bike slowing down to a slow slide. I ran over to my bike and tried to pick it up when my friend hopped out of his car and helped. He was cool about his ride seeing his car is like an early 80's covair or something. It looks like he dropped his car quite a few times..HA HA he wasnt worried about the small dent the size of a baseball he was worried about my bike. He pushed it the whole 200 ft back to my house. I went down to some bike shopps today and they said some slider companys do have in there guaranties that it will protect the fairings up to a certain speed limit and slide distance . Seeing my bike slide like 15-20 a 15MPH I think I'm in the clear. Anyway thanks for the support guys I'll be sitting on the couch for a while anyway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks man, Doc takes the drainage tube out in the morning. The bike will be fine. Some new flush mounts that I was putting on this weekend anyway and a custom paint job she'll be as good as new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.