Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 750 is stalling when it drops to a idle. It runs fine and does not do it 100% of the time and it starts right back up everytime. It is stock other than RS-3 bolt-on and the dealer is telling me I need a Power Comander. Is this true? Can they map the stock ECU? I don't want a PC. I would rather put stock pipe back on. If that is the case. Help before I return to stock.

·
Registered
543 Posts
i don't think thats the problem, but yes it is true that there is a map for the stock ECU or it can be mapped i did it to my bike b4 the upgrades, but thats not what your problem is. maybe try idling up 500 rpm's i did that to a friends bike who was having the same problem and if it doesn't fix it idle it back down to about 1200, just a thought, and how long has it been doing this?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
idle speed

Stopped by the shop last night and they turned the idle up to 1200. It was around 800-1000 It was fine for the rest of the night maybe that all it was.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
That was definatly what the problem was. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
cool deal....i was just about to ask the same question. she started doing this about 2 weeks ago and its been getting a lil worse. only at dead stops too. runs fine other than that, so i'll try uppin the idle a lil tonight...its idling @ about 750 right now, gonna try 1200 or so. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
That would be why the factory recommends the idle set at 1200rpm. :hmmm:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
i don't think thats the problem, but yes it is true that there is a map for the stock ECU or it can be mapped i did it to my bike b4 the upgrades, but thats not what your problem is. maybe try idling up 500 rpm's i did that to a friends bike who was having the same problem and if it doesn't fix it idle it back down to about 1200, just a thought, and how long has it been doing this?
how do you map the stock ecu, would I have to have a shop do it or could I do it myself.

·
Registered
543 Posts
well, what i mean is that the map the bike comes with stock isn't 100%, there is a map on dynojets site for a stock bike w/ no upgrades, it's a bit dif. than the stock map, i used it b4 i got my exhaust and other upgrades, or even a stock bike w/ a pc can be mapped on a dyno, basically what i' gettin at is that you can change the stock map b/c it is not completely up to par, it can still be tweaked off the showroom floor. i read this huge article on it a few months back. but you'll still have to have a power commander or sumtin of that nature.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
i'll just try adjusting the idle

BTW, is the Alstare a 600 too?

·
Registered
543 Posts
420, i was just answering gixerfast's question, and yeah the alstare is a 600 too.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I Had The Same Stalling Thing And Like Everyone Else This Was Sorted By Increasing Engine Tickover. As For Mapping I Had My Fuel Tweaked On The Rolling Road. They Plugged Into The Loom Under The Seat Hump And Altered The Mixture With A Yoshi Box (whatever That Is). The Bike Had Been A Bit Lean Top End But Now Is Spot On. This Only Occured After A Yoshi Tri Oval Can And Bmc Air Filter Had Been Fitted

1 - 12 of 12 Posts