Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may already know i have been looking for a 2000-2001 gsxr 600 for about 6 monthes now. I am getting antsy and i havent had much luck. My friend really needs to get rid of his 2001 yamaha yzf 600 r with 7000 miles on it. Originally he wanted 4200 but he has made no progress with selling it and i made him an offer. My question to you all is, is this a good choice for a first bike to ride for maybe one or two seasons at most or is it really a bad choice. all opinions appreciated thank you. the bike is in good shape and never been dropped i feel comfortable since i know who rode the bike and how they took care of it.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
The YZF600 is more like a katana, which is toned down, less power, more of an upright seating postition. How much riding experience do you have?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think you should buy it, I mean you know how it has been riden and taken care of and it is a very clean looking bike! Plus it is local and you may find a better deal on one but who knows how far away it might be!! I say go for what ya know ! :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I rode a friends yzf 600. It has decent power, would probably make a really good first bike. More power then say a ninja 250 plus it looks alot better. Knowing the true history of the bike is a big plus in my opinion cause you know exactly what your getting. I still have my sv for sale which looks basically like a gixxer i'll let go for $3600 if you dont mind driving to GA. Do what you think you'll be the happiest with. Trust me I originally wanted a gixx but couldn't afford it at the time and settled for the sv (which was probably better for the first year anyway) dumped a butt load of money into it to try and make it what i really wanted and still was never completely satisfied till I baught my gsxr. But like i said it was probably better that i rode the sv for a year just to get comfortable with riding on the road vs 11yrs of dirt. My advise is do what you think is best, but practical.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.