Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put the Z-AFM on a 2007 GSX-R1000 with the stock header and a Taylormade exhaust? The problem I have is were to mount the sensor. Should I mount it in the taylormade exhaust? or in the header? Theres not alot of room in the header because of the butterfly valve. Should I remove the valve and put it there? Also the Z-AFM sensor is bigger than the stock one. I have the bung just need to know the best place to put it. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
488 Posts
you have to weld in a new bung for the bigger size sensor, you can do it in the stock location or any where close to it where the sensor will clear. you can buy them from bazzaz or from any speed shop (summit racing, jegs etc) for like 15.00

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same system bazzaz except on a 08 gsxr 1000, pretty much same bike.

I put it to the left of the stock location. I figured if suzuki put theres at that position then I am sure that is a good spot for mine.

BTW, I wouldn't put it really close to the header, you will more then likely go through that sensor a lot faster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.